Your #1 Virginia Golf News Source
- Championships are sometimes won by the spectacular. A clutch 30-foot putt for birdie. An unexpected eagle from the fairway. A miracle from the bunker that saves par at a key moment.
- Virginia women’s golf coach Ria Quiazon Scott has been named one of two head coaches for the International team for the 2020 Arnold Palmer Cup.
- Andy Ogletree wasn’t thinking about making history, about an exemption into next year’s Masters and U.S. Open, or even making the Walker Cup team. All the Georgia Tech senior focused on throughout Sunday’s 36-hole U.S. Amateur championship was simple, perhaps even boring.
- All week, the tee shot at No. 1 at The Omni Homestead Resort’s Cascades Course haunted Steve Serrao, so much in fact that he said he lost sleep thinking about it.
- Curtis Strange loves to tell the story about his brother, Allan, and uncle, Jordan Ball, traveling to The Country Club in Brookline, Mass., as he won his first of back-to-back U.S. Open championships in 1988.
- Daily, weekly and premium tickets are on sale now for A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier, which will take place Sept. 9-15 on the historic Old White TPC Course at The Greenbrier.